Emily and Max are two EDGE champions who are cycling from London to China and trying to raise money for EDGE. Emily has written this blog to share their story. We first got the idea to do a bicycle tour a few years ago. For a long time we’d been dreaming about driving overland to [...]
Drinking fermented horses milk, racing alongside camels and being deserted in the world’s fifth largest desert. It might not sound like everyone’s cup of tea but it was one of the most incredible 3 weeks of my life….. My name is Laura Laird and for the last 5 years I have been working for ZSL [...]
The only true wild camels that still exist are Bactrian camels (Camelus ferus). This species can survive in one of the most hostile environments on Earth, the Gobi desert of Mongolia, withstanding long periods of drought, starvation and even radiation from nuclear weapons testing. The ancestors of the true camels migrated to Asia about [...]
Gabby Wagner (aka Gabby Wild) has walked an extraordinary path to get where she is today. Currently a veterinary student at Cornell University in New York State, in her spare time she works hard to promote welfare and protection for animals both in the clinic and the field. But her story had a sad beginning. [...]
Years seem to be going faster and faster for me, and my time here at EDGE has been no exception. The last year has seen lots of developments and some great achievements for the EDGE programme. If you have not followed us for long, or your memory does not work as well as it used [...]
- World Pangolin Day 2013
- Big leap forward in breeding of top EDGE frog
- News: Shark Protection Soars as Understanding Improves.
- First known footage of wild long-eared jerboas
- 1,200 Chinese giant salamanders released into the wild
- World Wildlife Day 2014
- Pangolin update from Vietnam
- Chinese pangolin Conservation in Eastern Himalayas of Nepal
- Make a date with the pangolin
- Introducing EDGE fellow: Karla Pelz Serrano
- Robert Steinmetz: DearTran Quang Phoung, This is a really interes...
- mark: In the article you say the aim of the VIE marking ...
- Jack Stewart: Hi Hannah, Chytrid fungus is now one of the leadi...
- Hannah: I was wondering what the chytrid fungus has to do ...
- Andrew: Hiya! I was wondering what the status of the Hewit...