EDGE Forum » Species

Endangered Birds in India

(11 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Prithviraj Chauhan
  • Latest reply from quinreitz
  1. Prithviraj Chauhan

India being a large country, is endowed with rich biodiversity. If we talk about avians, every state of India has its own State Bird. Himalayan Monal (Lophophorus impejanus)was the state bird of Himachal Pradesh. Its population was on a decline. The state government suddenly decided to designate the Western Tragopan (Tragopan melanocephalus) as the new state bird. The Himalayan Monal is an enormously beautiful bird and happens to be the National Bird of the Kingdom of Nepal.

There are many more examples of exceedingly beautiful avians (birds) registering a rapid decline. I urge the EDGE members to take a serious note of this and carve out a strategy with active support in every possible manner from persons like me, to make survival of these bird species possible.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. abort

This bird is on the endangered red list of IUCN due to its small and declining population. Indian bustard is the most endangered member of the bustard

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. jasonflord25

Protect and be aware this is for the future.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. OdessaStogsdill

It is the intoxicated waters and changing weathers that affect the habitat of this bird. I hear India and Pakistan are the hosts to a lot of migrating birds.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. koecing

How they could happen..??? Some Country in Asia is Bird Migrating area..

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. justin_ruch1180

This makes me sad..:(

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. ricaluanna

We should always take care of endangered species.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. cole19

Hopefully there is some work done to save the endangered species.. some of them are so very cute!

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. ZeeTV

Very sad news - it's a mix of pollution and human encroachment on their habitat.

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. biblio

the most important thing for us is to maintain and preserve

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post. If you don't have a login, it's easy to register.