EDGE Forum » General

Edge species with no covertion attention

(6 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by kayo1111
  • Latest reply from Daniela Biaggio
  1. kayo1111

When I see edge species with no convertion attention is it because there is no current funds to do a proper search? Or no one wants to apply for this projects?
    A lot of times I see species on there way to extinction but it seems nothing is being done to make sure these won't happan. I mean steps like relocation of pairs for breeding in purposes to create reserves of this criticly endagered species. I no that the answer is not that simple and that a lot is being done from your part. BTW you have the most amazing site and you do wonderful job.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Daniela Biaggio

Hi Kayo, as you pointed out this is rather a complex issue. At EDGE we understand that with hundreds of species on the EDGE receiving little or no conservation attention it is unlikely we would be able to implement conservation actions for all of them. This is largely why we need to engage peoples, NGOs and governments into acknowledging their forgotten EDGE species. We work to implement actions where we can, but setting up conservation strategies that are sustainable and long term successful takes time, expertise and funds so often this is a long term effort. But the largest factor affecting our ability to initiate more conservation action as well as expand our awareness campaign unfortunately are funds. If you, your family, friends or working group are interested in supporting us please visit http://www.edgeofexistence.org/support/default.php to see how you could help us make a bigger difference.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. kayo1111

Thank you Daniela for your reply. BTW, I already donated few times for a few projects. Hope to do more!

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Daniela Biaggio

Brilliant! Thank you so much for your help without it we would not be able to do all we are doing. If you are interested in doing more you could become an EDGE "ambassador" and let others know about our programme and its important role for conservation. Since raising awareness is such a big part of our mission help is always welcome.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. kayo1111

I am a great ambassador of this site really. Thanks for the tips

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Daniela Biaggio

Then all I can say is a big, big big and sincere thank you!

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post. If you don't have a login, it's easy to register.