- Project name: Status and Nesting Ecology of Leatherback in Muni-Pomadze Ramsar Site, Ghana.
- Project site: Muni-Pomadze Ramsar Site
- EDGE species: Leatherback turtle, Dermochelys coriacea
- Active: 2020 - ongoing
Before starting his MPhil at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Victor worked as a teaching and research assistant at KNUST, and has also served as a project assistant for the Forestry Research Institute of Ghana.
Victor would like to use the Fellowship as an chance to be trained in practical methods used in the conservation sector and is looking forward to ability to network and learn from like-minded fellows in the cohort. He also wants to be able to learn from the technical support and mentoring offered to help not only with his project but further into the future.
Victor’s project aims to improve protection for sea turtle nesting areas in the Muni-Pomadze Ramsar Site (MPRS).
His objectives are to:
- Identify sea turtle nests in 50% of the study area by Q1 2022;
- Quantify threats to sea turtles in study area by Q1 2022;
- Understand perspectives and uses of sea turtles by Q4 2021;
- Develop a plan for conserving sea turtles in MPRS by Q2 2022.