- Project name: Conservation of the endangered and endemic shrub, Podocarpus capuronii, in Itremo Madagascar
- Project site: Itremo Massif Protected Area
- EDGE species: Podocarpus capuronii
- Active: 2023 - ongoing
Feno currently works as a park manager within the Itremo protected area of Madagascar and has a Masters in Science Plant Biology & Ecology.
Feno hopes that during his Fellowship he will improve his knowledge and competencies in species conservation, with a view to helping his team to find new ways of effectively protecting endemic species. Feno is also looking forward to partnering with experts in biodiversity conservation.
Feno’s project aims to improve ecological knowledge and conservation of Podocapus capuronii in the Itremo massif protected area.
His objectives are to:
• Improve knowledge on distribution of Podocarpus capuronii within the Itremo Massif Protected Area, Madagascar
• Estimate the population size and structure of P. capuronii in the Itremo Massif Protected Area
• Improve access to P. capuronii seeds for future ex-situ conservation efforts
• Develop conservation action plan for P. capuronii
• Raise conservation awareness on the plight of P. capuronii in schools near the Itremo Massif Protected Area
• Assess stakeholders’ perception and knowledge on the use and threats of P. capuronii around the Itremo Massif Protected Area.