Andrew Ross Reintar
- Project name: Conservation of the Cebu Flowerpecker (Dicaeum quadricolor)
- Project site: Cebu Island, Philippines
- EDGE species: Cebu Flowerpecker Dicaeum quadricolor
- Active: 2017 - 2019
Andrew is a driven and dedicated wildlife researcher interested in the study of endemic, threatened and less studied species. Following his university studies, he has been gaining experience working for the Philippines Biodiversity Conservation Foundation Inc. as a Field Projects Officer. He believes that the rediscovery of the Cebu Flowerpecker offers a second chance for Cebu to take care of its fragile biodiversity.
Andrews EDGE project aims to:
- Provide an update on the population and habitat status of the Cebu Flowerpecker, produce a species survival blueprint and contribute information for the provincial strategic action plan;
- Strengthen protection activities in the remaining forests of Cebu including the training of forest wardens and volunteers;
- Develop biodiversity conservation awareness amongst local community stakeholders;
- Facilitate training and development of local communities to strengthen on-site wildlife monitoring, habitat rehabilitation, forest patrols and conservation programmes.